Online Case Consultations
Upon completion of the F.O.R.C.E Comprehensive Orthodontics course graduates may submit orthodontic records electronically for individual case consultation and receive a diagnosis and treatment plan from Dr. Litt.
F.O.R.C.E. works with D.E.T. Inc. to prepare the case information for Dr. Litt to Review. The following are the Requirements for Online Case Consultation-Individual Patient Diagnosis and Treatment Plan.
COMPLETE ORTHODONTIC RECORDS (According to the ABO Standard of Care) MUST BE RECEIVED BY D.E.T. FOR FORMATTING BEFORE THEY ARE FORWARDED TO DR. LITT FOR AN INDIVIDUAL DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLAN. Cases cannot be sent directly to Dr. Litt or F.O.R.C.E., Int.
Complete orthodontic records and the appropriate consent form are necessary for the online Case Consultation service. Following is a checklist to assist you in the acceptable ways to send them for the consultation:
- Cephalometric x-ray: 1 to 1 scale is required for accurate diagnostic purposes. A digital cephalometric x-ray may be emailed to DET or the original film may be mailed through your postal service and will be returned to you.
- Cephalometric Analysis: Upon your request DET will complete the cephalometric analysis. If you do your own cephalometric analysis you may scan/email a copy to DET.
- Panoramic x-ray: A digital panoramic x-ray may be emailed to DET or the original film may be photographed on a light box and scanned/emailed to DET. The original film may be mailed to DET and will be returned to you.
- Hand-wrist x-ray: (if necessary to determine growth in Class II or Class III): A digital hand/wrist x-ray may be emailed to DET or the original film may be photographed on a light box and scanned/emailed to DET. The original film may be mailed to DET and will be returned to you.
- Patient Facial and Intraoral Photos: Facial photos consist of: frontal facial, frontal smiling, right profile, intraoral photos consist of: right buccal segment with first molar visible, center segment (centered on the central incisors), left buccal segment with first molar visible, upper occlusal, and lower occlusal. Upon your request DET will format the photos for you. You may email digital photos to DET.
- Models: Digital models may be emailed to DET—email capability is embedded in the software. You may photograph the right buccal segment, center (on the central incisors), left buccal segment, upper occlusal,and lower occlusal. These photographs are never as accurate as digital models. We do not accept hard models (stone).
- Patient Consent: The appropriate consent form must be signed by both doctor and patient and dated. You may scan/email or fax to DET.
INCOMPLETE RECORDS OR THOSE MISSING THE CONSENT FORM WILL NOT BE FORWARDED TO DR. RICHARD LITT UNTIL ALL DATA IS RECEIVED.
Should you have questions relating to the electronic and/or postal transfer of your records for Case Consultation with Dr. Richard Litt please contact: